Latrobe Regional Hospital has procedures in place to prevent the spread of infections to patients, visitors and staff.
We have an infection control team which conducts regular audits of clinical areas, patient records and microbiological reports.
The hospital’s environmental, cleaning and waste disposal procedures are also audited regularly.
Our Vision: One infection is too many.
Our Mission: To work with the Latrobe Regional Hospital community to protect all from transmission of infectious agents. We will achieve this through use of evidence-based infection control preventions, surveillance, education, immunisation and promotion of safe work practice including:
- hand hygiene
- staff immunisation program
- management of needlestick injuries
- hospital acquired infection data collection
- review of all positive pathology results
- infection control auditing of clinical areas
Phone 5173 8512, 5173 8065 or 5173 8457