Latrobe Regional Hospital is currently testing people with symptoms only
LRH has established a pop-up clinic in Morwell to assist efforts to test people with coronavirus symptoms, no matter how mild. The symptoms to watch out for are: fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, loss of sense of smell.
If you have any of these symptoms, however mild, you should seek advice and get tested. The first step is to call our hotline 5173 8065 to talk about your symptoms and make an appointment for a test. Booking ahead will help us manage the number of people in the clinic - plus we don't want you waiting too long.
Click on this link to download more info.
The clinic is in the Weblease building on the corner of Tramway Road and Saskia Way, Morwell. This temporary clinic is not a substitue for your GP. If you have a long-standing condition or illness, please ensure you seek appropriate medical advice. If you feel very unwell and need urgent assistance, please call 000 or present to the LRH Emergency Department.
Latrobe Regional Hospital is working to reduce the risk of coronavirus by restricting visitors.
- Visiting hours are now strictly 2pm-4pm.
- Partners, parents, guardians or care and support people are the only visitors allowed after emergency powers under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 were enacted by the Victorian Government on 2 April.
- Public access only through the Village Avenue Main Entrance, Emergency Department and old main entrance (weekdays) and Village Avenue Main Entrance only at weekends.
- Visitors will be screened and have their temperature checked on arrival and must follow strict hygiene practices.
- Only 2 visitors will be allowed per patient per day for a total of two hours. One visitor at a time with the patient.
- The Thomson maternity unit is allowing a partner or support person to attend a birth.
- Only 1 parent will be allowed to provide support to a paediatric patient.
- No visitors under the age of 16.
- Recently returned travellers, a person who has a confirmed case of coronavirus and a person who has been in contact with such a person are prohibited from visiting patients.
- Restricted access to the Macalister aged care unit.
- People supporting palliative patients are exempt from the restrictions however must be in good health and undergo a temperature check on arrival.
You must not visit if you are unwell. Physical distancing rules apply.
Please ensure your hands are clean and you have visited one of our hand hygiene stations before you enter the patient's room and after you have left. We advise you call ahead to our inpatient units to discuss your intended visit or develop a visiting schedule with other family members and friends.