Medical Professionals and Intern Training
Gippsland Rural Intern Training
The Gippsland Rural Intern Training (GRIT) program employs 32 interns a year through the Intern Match coordinated through the Post Graduate Medical Council of Victoria (PMCV).
Interns rotate through 5 well-supported rotations to gain full medical registration while developing essential skills and knowledge.
The following rotations are available to interns:
- Anaesthetics – Latrobe Regional Hospital
- Emergency (Core) – Latrobe Regional Hospital and Central Gippsland Health
- Emergency (Non-Core) – West Gippsland Healthcare Group
- Geriatric Evaluative Medicine - Latrobe Regional Hospital
- Medicine (Core) – Latrobe Regional Hospital, Central Gippsland Health and West Gippsland Healthcare Group
- Mental Health (Non-Core) - Latrobe Regional Hospital
- Oncology – Latrobe Regional Hospital
- Orthopaedics (Core Surgery) – Latrobe Regional Hospital
- Surgery – Latrobe Regional Hospital, Central Gippsland Health and West Gippsland Healthcare Group
- General Practice - Heyfield Medical Centre, United Medical Moe and Leongatha Healthcare
All successfully matched applicants will be provided with a rotation preference form and a leave preference form.
APPLICATIONS FOR INTERN POSITIONS OPEN 4 MAY 2021 AND CLOSE 3 JUNE 2021
If you would like to join the Gippsland Rural Intern Training program, please apply through PMCV. If you are not eligible for the Victorian Rural Preferential Allocation (VRPA), please submit your application directly through the LRH recruitment system https://lrh.mercury.com.au/
Please ensure your application includes:
- cover letter - indicating why you want to work in Gippsland
- curriculum vitae
- a photograph (if possible)
Note: No application form is required
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible to apply for an intern position?
Please see the Post Graduate Medical Council of Victoria's (PMCV) website for eligibility criteria.
How many positions are available?
There are 32 intern positions available. All of these positions are full-time and for one year.
How are the interviews arranged?
Interviews will be pre-recorded. See PCMV website for more details.
How much leave are interns given and how is it allocated?
Interns accrue 5 weeks annual leave. Two weeks are to be taken during the year and the remaining three at the end. Preference for annual leave is submitted with your rotation preference form.
Who do I address my cover letter to?
Please address your cover letter to the Medical Workforce Unit, Latrobe Regional Hospital.
PGY2 and HMO positions
If you are interested in working at Latrobe Regional Hospital, vacancies will be advertised at the LRH recruitment site https://lrh.mercury.com.au/