Changes to our service
Latrobe Regional Hospital is working to reduce the risk of coronavirus by restricting visitors.
The following changes apply from 24 March:
- Only 2 visitors will be allowed per patient per day for a total of two hours.
- Visiting hours are now between 2pm-6pm
- The Thomson maternity unit is allowing partners of patients only. Partners must comply with the same visiting hours 2pm-6pm for a maximum of two hours.
- Only 1 parent will be allowed to provide support to a paediatric patient.
- No visitors under the age of 16.
- No visitors or support people for chemotherapy, dialysis or radiotherapy patients
- No visitors are allowed to the Macalister aged care unit. Family members are able to Skype into Macalister to keep in touch with a resident.
- Palliative care patients are exempt from these changes.
You must not visit if you are unwell. Physical distancing rules apply.
Please ensure your hands are clean and you have visited one of our hand hygiene stations before you enter the patient's room and after you have left.
We advise you call ahead to our inpatient units to discuss your intended visit or develop a visiting schedule with other family members and friends.