For information relating to LRH's medical workforce or training programs, contact our Medical Workforce Unit: email@example.com
Gippsland Rural Intern Training
The Gippsland Rural Intern Training (GRIT) program employs 31 interns a year through Intern Match coordinated by the Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria (PMCV).
Interns experience 5 well-supported rotations to gain full medical registration while developing essential skills and knowledge.
The following rotations are available to interns:
- Anaesthetics – Latrobe Regional Health
- Emergency – Latrobe Regional Health, Central Gippsland Health and West Gippsland Healthcare Group
- Geriatric Evaluative Medicine – Latrobe Regional Health
- Medicine – Latrobe Regional Health, Central Gippsland Health and West Gippsland Healthcare Group
- Mental Health – Latrobe Regional Health
- Oncology – Latrobe Regional Health
- Orthopaedics – Latrobe Regional Health
- Surgery – Latrobe Regional Health and Central Gippsland Health
- General Practice – Heyfield Medical Centre and Leongatha Healthcare
All successfully matched applicants will be provided with a rotation and a leave preference form.
Applications for intern positions open through the PMCV website on 6 May 2024 and close on 6 June 2024