LRH is a teaching hospital and accepts La Trobe University Undergraduate P&O student placements.
What we do
The P&O facility is fully-equipped and provides a comprehensive clinical and manufacturing service on site.
The Prosthetics Department offers a range of services related to the provision of external prostheses for child and adult amputees:
- Amputee Clinic
- Prosthetics for outpatients and inpatients
Who we care for
We provide treatment for a wide range of private and public clients who:
- require an amputation
- have been admitted to hospital or who are living in the community having undergone an amputation
- are long term and experienced prosthetic users.
The services for individuals with limb loss and deficiency include:
- interim prosthetic management
- lower limb prosthetic management, including microprocessor technology and osseo-integration
- upper limb prosthetic management
- telehealth appointments
- utilising gait analysis video technology and laser alignment tools
The Amputee Clinic is run weekly and includes an appointment with a Rehabilitation Consultant, Senior Prosthetist and a Senior Physiotherapist.
The aim of the clinic is to assess client needs and develop a tailored management plan to help achieve goals.
Our service supports patients funded under all systems including:
- Victorian Artificial Limb Program which provides prosthetic care free of charge to Medicare eligible public patients.
What to bring to your first appointment
- Medicare card
- Test results including relevant x-rays, scans, ultrasounds and pathology reports.
- List of medicines you are currently taking, including supplements and vitamins.
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame.
- The prosthesis and liners (if you have them already)
How to access this service
Call Allied Health reception on 03 5173 8383 for further information.
A referral is needed to Amputee Clinic from your GP.
Consulting Suite 6, Latrobe Regional Health, Village Avenue, Traralgon VIC 3844
Free parking available at front of building.
Hours of operation:
Monday to Friday from 8am – 4.30pm