Our cardiology service is rapidly expanding to meet the needs of the Gippsland region. We currently provide inpatient care for patients with heart conditions and also long term outpatient consultation and treatment.
- State of the Art Siemens Hybrid Coronary Angiography Suite
- Diagnostic left heart catheterisation
- Right heart catheterisation
- Percutaneous coronary intervention including (Stenting, FFR and IVUS)
- Referrals for cardiac catheterisation are directly with our interventional cardiology team
- Computed tomography coronary angiography (CTCA)
- Myocardial perfusion imaging (MIBI)
- Transthoracic Echo (TTE)
- Outpatient and inpatient transthoracic echocardiogram
- Bubble and definity studies available
- Referral form to come
- Transoesophageal Echo (TOE)
- We currently offer TOE to inpatients at Latrobe Regional Hospital twice per week. This service is critical for patients with valvular disease requiring surgery or long-term treatment with intravenous antibiotics.
- Direct Current Cardioversion:
- Please refer to one of our cardiologist in the outpatient suite for assessment for DCR
- Download Elective Admission form here
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- 24 hour cardiac holter monitor
- Permanent pacemaker (PPM) and Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator (ICD) checks.
- Cardiac resynchronisation optimisation service is planned to start 2022
- Ambulatory BP monitoring
Please fax referral forms for ECG, holter monitor, ambulatory blood pressure and PPM/ICD checks to: 03 51738386
- Stress Electrocardiography
Latrobe Regional Hospital also offers a long running and evidence based complete cardiac rehabilitation program designed for patients after and heart attack or heart failure admission.
Please fax referrals to: 03 51738386
Outpatient Cardiac Consultation
Gippsland Private Consulting Suites offer a wide range of outpatient clinics which are all bulk billed.
Our clinic is located in a new dedicated consulting facility on the hospital grounds at Latrobe Regional Hospital, 10 Village Ave, Traralgon VIC 3844.
All appointments can be made with Telehealth Videoconferencing.
- Heart Failure
- Chest Pain Assessment
To contact us phone: 03 5173 8111
- A/Prof A. Wright – General Cardiologist
- Dr R. Prakash – Interventional Cardiologist
- Dr N. Htun – Interventional and Structural
- Dr L. Selkrig – Non-invasive Imaging
- Dr D. Pol - General and Interventional Fellow
- Mr A Doi
- Mr A Zimmet