Friday 26 February
Visiting hours 3pm-5pm. Two visitors only.
Please note only 1 visitor at a time at the patient's bedside.
From Saturday 27 February
Visiting hours 10.30am-12.30pm and 4.00pm-6.00pm. Two visitors only.
Please adhere to the following:
- Unlimited number of visitors to the Macalister Nursing Home between 10am-7.30pm (protected meal times apply).
- 1 support person if approved to accompany an outpatient to chemotherapy, radiotherapy, allied health, pre-admission, Hospital in the Home and the Day Procedure Unit.
- 1 support person for Emergency Department patients during their stay.
- 2 visitors for a person with a life threatening medical condition are able to stay for a length of time determined by the treating team or Nurse Unit Manager.
- 2 visitors at any one time for a patient receiving end-of-life care for an unlimited duration.
- 1 support person for a patient with a disability or behavioural issue.
- Partner or support person of a woman in maternity able to stay for an unlimited duration, but not overnight.
- Parents or guardians of a patient under the age of 18 may visit for an unlimited duration. Only 1 parent allowed to stay overnight.
Face masks are mandatory when visiting LRH and visitors must adhere to COVID-19 screening criteria and a temperature test.
If you have any of the following symptoms:
- chills or sweats
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- runny nose
- loss or change in sense of smell or taste
please get tested for coronavirus.
Click on this link to find out where to get a COVID-19 test locally.
If you become very unwell with COVID-19 symptoms outside of clinic hours, please contact the LRH Emergency Department for initial screening and advice. You may be required to attend the ED for testing and should take the necessary precautions such as wearing a mask.