Changes to our service
Latrobe Regional Hospital is working to reduce the risk of coronavirus by restricting visitors.
From Monday 5 October 2020
- Visitors strictly between 2.30-4.30pm.
- Only one visitor per day per patient.
- Public access only through the Village Avenue Main Entrance.
- Visitors will must provide contact details, be screened and have their temperature checked on arrival and must follow strict hygiene practices.
- The Thomson maternity unit is allowing a partner or support person to attend a birth.
- Only 1 parent will be allowed to provide support to a paediatric patient.
- No visitors under the age of 16.
- Recently returned travellers, a person who has a confirmed case of coronavirus and a person who has been in contact with such a person are prohibited from visiting patients.
- Restricted access to the Macalister aged care unit.
- People supporting palliative patients are exempt from the restrictions however must be in good health and undergo a temperature check on arrival.
You must not visit if you are unwell. Physical distancing rules apply.
Please ensure your hands are clean and you have visited one of our hand hygiene stations before you enter the patient's room and after you have left. We advise you call ahead to our inpatient units to discuss your intended visit or develop a visiting schedule with other family members and friends.