From Friday 16 July 2021
New visitor guidelines following announcement of lockdown in Victoria
There are only 5 reasons to leave your home:
- shopping for necessary goods and services
- care and caregiving, including medical care and getting a COVID-19 test
- authorised work and permitted study
- to get a COVID-19 vaccination
No visitors are allowed at LRH including the Macalister Unit except for end-of-life reasons, as a support partner for birth, or a parent to accompany a child. Any visitors outside these guidelines must be approved by a LRH Executive Director.
Only 2 permitted or approved visitors are allowed per patient per day during the visiting times of either 10.30am-12.30pm or 4pm-6pm. Please note this is 2 visitors in total for the day.
Visitors must go straight to the area where the patient is located and stay with the patient at that site. Visitors and patients must not walk throughout the facilities unless it is for treatment purposes or to use the public amenities. All visitors will be required to wear a face mask.
Alternatives to visiting such as phone calls and video are encouraged where possible.
- A partner or support person of a woman in the birthing suite may stay for an unspecified time following birth but not overnight. Once the mother has been transferred to postnatal care, the partner or support person may visit each day.
- Emergency Department: No visitors except for end-of-life reasons or a parent to accompany a child. No visitors in the ED waiting area.
- Palliative care: Under special circumstances LRH Executive approval may be given on compassionate grounds to a palliative care patient.
- No company representatives, contractors or other external visitors to any area in the hospital. An exemption may be made for urgent engineering or facility maintenance.
Please check you have not been at a COVID-19 public exposure site before entering LRH
If you have any of the following symptoms:
- chills or sweats
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- runny nose
- loss or change in sense of smell or taste
please get tested for coronavirus.
If you become very unwell with COVID-19 symptoms outside of clinic hours, please contact the LRH Emergency Department for initial screening and advice. You may be required to attend the ED for testing and should take the necessary precautions such as wearing a mask.