From Tuesday 10 August 2021
New visitor guidelines
No visitors are allowed at LRH except under the following circumstances
- As a parent, guardian or carer of a child who is a patient in hospital (2 parents/guardians. Overnight stay restricted to 1 parent/guardian)
- To provide care and support for the patient’s physical and emotional wellbeing (1 person. Visit to be approved by the Hospital Coordinator)
- As a nominated person under the Mental Health Act (1 person. Visit to be approved by the Hospital Coordinator)
- To provide interpreter or informal language support (1 person. Visit to be approved by the Hospital Coordinator)
- For learning to support the resident’s care upon discharge (2 people. Visit to be approved by the Hospital Coordinator)
- As a carer of a patient with a disability (1 person. Visit to be approved by the Hospital Coordinator)
- Accompanying someone to the emergency department or outpatient clinic (1 person during their emergency department stay)
- As a partner of a pregnant woman or patient in a maternity ward (1 partner or support person for an unlimited time. No overnight stay)
- To provide end of life support to a patient including those with a life threatening conditions (2 people at a time. No limit on number of visitors per day. No time limit)
- Non-essential contractors are restricted from entry
Palliative care: Under special circumstances LRH Executive approval may be given on compassionate grounds to a palliative care patient.
If you have any of the following symptoms:
- chills or sweats
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- runny nose
- loss or change in sense of smell or taste
please get tested for coronavirus.
If you become very unwell with COVID-19 symptoms outside of clinic hours, please contact the LRH Emergency Department for initial screening and advice. You may be required to attend the ED for testing and should take the necessary precautions such as wearing a mask.