Join our fight against falls
It happens – patients sometimes fall in hospital. It may be as a result of their illness, injury or medication or simply trying to get to the bathroom in a hurry.
Here are a few tips to keep you safe:
- Tell our nursing, medical or therapy staff if you have fallen recently or are worried about falling.
- Press your call bell if you need help. Call Don’t Fall!
- Wear well-fitting slippers or ask us for non-slip socks.
- Take your time. Sit upright for a few moments before standing. Get up slowly and make sure you feel steady before walking.
- Keep your glasses handy and don’t forget to wear them.
- Become familiar with your room, bedside area and bathroom. Ask for clutter to be moved if your path is not clear.
- Ask for help if you need to go to the toilet. Call Don’t Fall!