Latrobe Regional Hospital is working to reduce the risk of coronavirus by restricting visitors.
You must not visit if you are unwell. Physical distancing rules apply.
Please ensure your hands are clean and you have visited one of our hand hygiene stations before you enter the patient's room and after you have left.
We advise you call ahead to our inpatient units to discuss your intended visit or develop a visiting schedule with other family members and friends.
Latrobe Regional Hospital is not testing people without symptoms at this stage as per advice from Victoria's Chief Health Officer.
Symptoms are a fever over 38°C and acute respiratory infection, for example, shortness of breath, cough, sore throat.
Please consider the following:
1. Have you returned from overseas in the past 14 days?
2. Were you a cruise ship passenger or crew member with an onset of symptoms within 14 days of return?
3. Are you a paid or unpaid worker in a healthcare, aged care of disability care setting?
4. Have you worked in a public facing role within homelessness support, child protection and the police force within 14 days?
5. Do you work in a high risk setting or where a COVID-19 outbreak has occurred?
6. Are you Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander?
7. Have you come in contact with someone with coronavirus?
8. Do you have a fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath or flu-like symptoms?
9. Call the Victorian coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 for advice.
10. If asked to seek medical advice contact your GP or call ahead to the LRH screening hotline on 5173 8065. This will enable the appropriate infection control measures to be taken.
11. If you have serious symptoms, such as difficulty breathing, call 000.
If you are feeling unwell, please contact a team member from each of these units or our specialist consulting suites before coming to hospital.