Click on this link to take you to the Gippsland Region Public Health Unit Facebook page for the latest COVID-19 info: https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Medical---health/Gippsland-Region-Public-Health-Unit-132585535647242/
CURRENT HOSPITAL VISITOR GUIDELINES
No visitors allowed at LRH except for end-of-life reasons or for a permitted purpose including those listed below.
All permitted visitors must provide proof of two doses of COVID-19 vaccine. Approved visitors aged 18 and over who are not fully vaccinated must wear a N95 respirator mask for the duration of their visit.
Permitted visitors must check in and fill out a screening form using the QR code on arrival.
Please wear a surgical mask, not a cloth mask. A disposable surgical mask will be provided if you do not have one.
Visitors who may be approved by LRH:
- As a parent, guardian or carer of a child who is a patient in hospital (2 parents/guardians. Overnight stay restricted to 1 parent/guardian)
- To provide care and support for the patient’s physical and emotional wellbeing (1 person. Visit to be approved by the Hospital Coordinator)
- As a nominated person under the Mental Health Act (1 person. Visit to be approved by the Hospital Coordinator)
- To provide interpreter or informal language support (1 person. Visit to be approved by the Hospital Coordinator)
- For learning to support the resident’s care upon discharge (2 people. Visit to be approved by the Hospital Coordinator)
- As a carer of a patient with a disability (1 person. Visit to be approved by the Hospital Coordinator)
- Accompanying someone to the emergency department or outpatient clinic if it is necessary for you to do so to support the provision of care
- As a partner of a pregnant woman or patient in a maternity ward (1 partner or support person for an unlimited time. No overnight stay)
- To provide end of life support to a patient including those with a life threatening conditions (2 people at a time. No limit on number of visitors per day. No time limit)
- Non-essential contractors are restricted from entry
Palliative care: Under special circumstances LRH Executive approval may be given on compassionate grounds to a palliative care patient.
If you have any of the following symptoms:
- chills or sweats
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- runny nose
- loss or change in sense of smell or taste
please get tested for coronavirus.